Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Spawn trap: how to play with no skill COD:Ghost.

Yes this is another rant about players (not gamers) in COD Ghost. I have recently started switching up my game type from drop zone to try some tactics at Blitz. Having watched the top 8 teams in the country play at XGames in Austin Tx, I have seen many games of Blitz to think to myself I can incorporate my defensive style of gaming to help out the people score while I clear out our base and try and hold them back from scoring. So as I always have done, I think about each map that you can play Blitz on and try and come up with load outs that would be best for different situations.  So a very in your face map to a map that is wide open. Which perks will a person defending a base do best with? They won't sprint a lot but will need to be fast to cover the different lanes. Which lethal or tactical equipment would be best? Which killstreaks etc? So after building what I think it the best loadouts for 5 different scenarios.  Here we go! First game start out at Warhawk. Not bad go even. Drop a perk that didn't really do anything add one that might help. Next whiteout, trade 1 for 1 re spawn take 2 steps killed. Re spawn take 4 steps get killed. I think to myself game is spawning me real close to the other team for some reason. That game I go a little negative. Next map Sovereign. Defend is a good little distance away. Sprint, lay out lethals, start covering corners take out 2 then die. Re spawn no steps killed,  re spawn killed,  re spawn killed. Think to myself where is everyone else oh wait I respawned with someone both killed instantly.  What the cap is going on. Then I check to see how bad my kill ratio is in game.  It is only me on my team. I am not a quitter! 6 kills 41 deaths later. Never taking more than 2 steps after respawning. I think to myself how does a team that can lock down all the spawn points and just shoot people when they spawn say they have skill? How can that be fun for them? I look at this game as a game of skill and tactics not padding your K/D ratio. That again is why I still feel like the K/D ratio is not a good way to judge someone's skill. You need to go for the caps in Blitz but you also need someone to defend.  So if you spawn trap and go 41 and 6 that is almost an 8.00 K/D but put them in SnD and see how they do!! Oh and don't even try to play on Freefall and the other players (I don't say gamers cause a gamer plays with the intention of playing with skill not padding stats) have the spawn trap. I have always said "I would not just leave in the middle of a match if we were losing" even though I don't know the people I am playing with I still look as it as a team and you don't leave your team. But once I realize the non skill players have trapped the spawns I am out cause it isn't fun anymore. And how can it be fun for the other team? It takes no skill what so ever to do that.  Just run straight to the points and start shooting. I stuck it out and had some really great games just playing defense. Usually because of kills, killstreaks, and defense bonus I finish in the middle while letting others get the glory for caps. So I have stuck it out, still hoping for the day when I get with 4 other people that play seriously on a regular basis. Till that day comes, I will stick with the way I want to play. To play in a way that could make it on a competitive team.

Again thanks again, if you feel the same way please let me know. If you think I am crying or complaining,  I might have hit a nerve. If this is how you play, I would bet you have C4 in your loadouts as well.

KEEP GRINDING ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment