Thursday, June 26, 2014

League of Legends has sucked me in ROTFL!

Yes I have to admit I have finally decided to play League of Legends or from now on known as LOL in this post. I was watching the MLG Anaheim this past weekend. Watching my boys from Evil Geniuses dominate again in a tournament that actually means something to the gaming world not a shiny gold medal and no money ROTFL! And started watching the StarCraft II competition and just decided "Okay lets go ahead and see what this LOL is all about". It doesn't hurt that right now the prize purse for LOL is at $9.9 million dollars as of July 18th.

I have never downloaded LOL before so I had to download the game and all available updates. 1 hour and 30 minutes later, which on Sunday put it at midnight Monday morning I was ready to give it a go. Now I have a 3 monitor setup for iRacing and that is just not good for LOL. So after about 3 minutes I had to deactivate my Infinity setup with AMD so that I could see it. I am running the AMD Gaming Evolve and that lets you live stream on www.Twitch.com/bcutler2003 without any FPS hit. Decided to give this a try too! That worked great as far as I could tell. It doesn't work yet with iRacing so I am waiting for that.

I decided to pick the very first character that they offer you our of the 3 that are available. Ashe is a Archer so I just thought to myself "okay stay away and just shoot shoot shoot". Now I am not going to go into detail about the different aspects of the game, however as I give up to date details of my journey to level 30 I will fill in on more and more about the game. There are 3 different lanes in which to go and destroy the other teams Nexus. So I start in the Battle Training mode to get started and learn the controls. In the Battle mode as with other modes, you have what are called Minions or Cannon Fodder ROTFL. So as soon as I leave my Fountain (or my Base) the minions form and start down the different lanes. Well I started at about 12:30, I am just going to fast forward 2 hours and 10 deaths later, I still hadn't come close to destroying the other teams Nexus. It was late as hell and I had to get up for work the next day so I quit in the middle (which mean nothing saved) and said I will try again tomorrow.

The next day I realize that it is actually a good thing that it didn't save. This time I decide to go with what I love from World of Warcraft and that is a Mage. So Ryze it is!! Finally felt at home with this character. In WOW I always played as a Warlock. Lets just say 25 minutes later, going down mid land instead of top lane I HAD CONQUERED THE NEXUS OF THE ENEMY!! And it was fun but I can see how it would be very detailed and a lot of research that can go into it.

After this I look at the Level of Ryze once I got done with the Battle Training and he is at Level 12. I thought to myself "this is great! Only 18 levels to go!!" NOPE! My level not my Champions level is Level 2 ROTFL! I have 28 levels to go not 12! The next step that I am going to do is Co-op vs AI! Now some people just jump straight into PvP, but reading what a lot of people post about this. I will learn and get more experience from the Co-op before jumping in and going with PvP. I won't get out of Co-op until I hit Level 30.

Stay tuned for more post about each battle that I have in....LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!!  Also subscribe to my Twitch channel so you can get good laughs at me getting destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment