Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My first workout with Mio Link and X2 performance/Call of Duty Ghost/iRacing

What can I say! The Mio Link is a great heart rate monitor to have. It feels so natural and comfortable to wear on your wrist while you workout. It sync up with a huge majority of training watches. Wear both your watch and Link on the same arm for the best accurate reading. Yesterday was my mid ride training. So I did 5 min warmup then 35 minute ride plus 5 miles again to make up for running. There are 5 different heart rate zones that you can set on the Link. This was the first time I used heart rate as a guide to my training. I set my target zone on the Link for my running target heart rate.  After about 10 minutes on the ride and the light that changes color as you enter different zones on the watch never changed from the bottom zone (blue warm up and recovery zone) I did some Googling and realized your target cycle zone and running zone are different lol. Well that is what training is for to learn. So today I will calculate my cycle target zone and see how that goes. It was very interesting watching Mio Go on my Note 2 display my heart rate. It would increase when I would up my cadence but then once I stayed at that cadence for a while it would go back down to a stead beat. At the end of my riding I do a brutal ab workout that always leaves me breathless in the mid then at the end. Both times when I would get done with an excerise and be winded I was in the running target zone. One very neat feature was the light as you get closer to the different zones gradually change color, so you could set the zones on the Link using your smartphone application then leave the phone at home and you would know which zone you were in and how close to the next one you are. I just love forward thinking companies like Mio Global. Please look them up and get this great non chest chaffing wrist heart rate monitor. ( I wish I had a discount code for something to offer but even if I don't trust me you won't be disappointed at all). More on come each and everyday.

X2 Performance is a pre workout supplement that I have been wanting to try out a long with many others and hydration products. I plan on doing ad many reviews on here as I can with as many products that I can do to help people decide on what will work for them. I got the 4 bottle sample pack like I said from the Dave Scott webcast. They come in 2 oz bottles that are very convenient for carrying with you on the way to the gym or on rides. I popped one open and downed it as fast as I could. The taste is not the best I would say but you don't take supplements always for the favor. It isn't the worst that I have had but it isn't the best either. I workout kind of late compare to what other people do and I don't drink caffeine so the natural caffeine that is included had me a little concerned about it keeping me awake.  I could tell I had more energy during training and was more focused than usual. The best news was it didn't not interfere with me going to bed last night at all. I will be training again tonight for a shorter ride but with more intensity.  I will give another update tomorrow as well. So far so good.

Played about 2 hours of Call of Duty Ghost and again like with anything that you want to so better or get better with you have to practice practice.  And it was like a switch just was flipped and things that I have been working on just came together. Went even many times and DOUBLE once while still playing for the Drop Zone objectice. Makes the game so much more fun once it starts gelling like that.

Going to do some iRacing and more Ghost tonight. Skippy is at Brands Hatch and Indy Fixed Oval is at Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment