Sunday, June 15, 2014

MIO Link Green lights Ride+Run/SLS3 Compression Sleeves/Planet of the Apes Podcast 2

So again I have failed all of you over the weekend by not posting each day. I say to myself on Saturday I will post about my Friday long ride and run and half of the 24 hours of LeMans. But then I am like well I don't want to post about LeMans till it is over. So then Sunday comes along and I realize 24 hours of LeMans is a post by itself. So here we are another 3 piece blog post spread out over 2 days lol.

I have been waiting all week to get my SLS3 FXC Compression Sleeves and on Friday they came in. I got them in Lime Green to go with my Lime Green New Balance shoes and my MIO Link shirt with the logo in lime green. Yes you have to coordinate your attire lol. So off I go to my 70 min ride with a run after the abs workout out.  I didn't make it half way into the gym to someone was stopping me asking me about my Link and the SLS3 Sleeves. It feels good hopefully helping companies that support their community. I thought to myself that I would really push this ride to see if the Sleeves work.  So I did 45 mins of the workout at 95 rpm rather than the normal 83. My MIO Link looked at me smiled and gave me the green light the whole time I was keeping it at 95 rpm. It is so easy to keep track of which zone you are in.  And no uncomfortable chest strap to worry about.  Women take note of you are using a chest strap and how annoying it is.  This is the answer.  Felt so good on the ride,  didn't get any of the micro cramps that I got before on my long ride.  Still too early to definitely say the Sleeves helped. I will have a more specific detailed post just about the SLS3 Sleeves after next week's workout.  But that was the best I felt getting off the bike.

On to the run after another one of my brutal ab workouts.  Thinking next week I am going to push it to 20 reps then after that go to 2 sets of 20/10. Run was great, getting better with managing my HR and keeping it some what in the green.  Still saw a lot of Red Flashing at me from my Link. Left foot was great.  Ice rolled it with the magically frozen jelly jars of recovery lol.

And finally before I go for this one,  which thinking about it might be 4 post this time I wanted to give another shout out to my Brother and his friend with Planet of the Apes podcast.  If you have iTunes it is in there to download but here is the link to episode 2 http://goapepodcast.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-first-official-episode-of-pota.html?m=1 please just take a listen just to support upcoming Podcasters.

Stay tuned for the next ones coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment