Friday, June 13, 2014

iRacing: Using F1 Williams to recover SR/ 24 hrs of LeMans 23 hr Weekend Grind!!

So after taking a huge beating in Safety Rating (SR) by racing the Skippy at Brands Hatch, We have decided to use the Time Trial to build it back up to A4.99. Now in order to do this, Jon and I are going to have to do almost 200 laps in the F1 car at Silverstone this weekend. If we don't get all the Time Trials done this weekend, then we will have to do the F1 car next week at Suzuka (which I love and Jon hates LOL). I did my first Time Trial last night. The Time Trials are 30 minutes long and you need to get at least 4 clean laps to get on the leaderboard for Time Trials. However we are using this as a way to build our SR back up. So we are having to look at this as punishment for trying to race our SR back up. Also from a mentality stand point, I am now a test driver for a F1 racing team LOL. It is going to be at least 13 to 15 Time Trials to build up to where we need to be. The good thing is that once you hit a whole number on SR ie. 2.00, 3.00, 4.00 you gain .5 instantly. So when you hit 2.00, you go to 2.50, 3.0 goes to 3.5 etc. That will definitely help make the jump to 4.99 and keep my A license. If your SR goes below 1.00 you will lose your license and drop from A to B, B to C etc. F1 is the most detailed time consuming series in iRacing. It is the series that you can actually get a pro license in and compete for $10,500 each year. So needless to say all I did was make a setup that would be very stable and let me run lap after lap. 8 secs off the leaders time from last season is okay with me to build my SR back up. Most people who start racing the F1 start out anywhere from 6 to 10 seconds off the fastest time. It is just how it is with this series. Then each season you take off a couple of seconds. Well I will be having 2 grinds this weekend. First one I will be doing tonight will be the F1 SR Grind, the second one will be something I have never done.

The 24 hours of LeMans weekend grind will be attempted this weekend. Now a little bit of information about me and the 24 hours of LeMans, I have been watching this race for over 13 yrs. Back when VCRs where still being used, I would record the whole thing on Speedvision. I would set my alarm to go off a couple of times in the middle of the night so that I can swap out VCR tapes before they ran out. Yes that dedicated LOL. But what I have never done was watch every minute of every hour of the race that was televised. But this weekend between Fox Sport 1 and Fox Sport 2, I am going for the 24hr of LeMans 23 hour grind! The only hour that is not going to be on TV is the 5 to 6pm time slot. I am excited to see if I can do this. That means if I go anywhere during the day on Saturday, I will be wearing my headphones and listening to RadioLeMans to make up for not being able to watch it. I am excited to get up at 8:00 Saturday morning and watch this great event for 24 hours. Seeing Porsche race again is going to be excited. Of course I will be checking Twitter as well as watching just to get more detailed information about all the teams I follow on Twitter. I will let you know who I am doing on my Saturday and Sunday blog post.

Again I can't say enough about how much it means to me for people all over the country to take their time and read my blog post. Thank you and many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment