Monday, May 26, 2014

Starting this again. A new start

What to say? I am starting this Blog over to document many things in my life good or bad.  It is May 26th 2014 at 2:54 am and I am laying in the couch listening to the South Park Super Marathon for Memorial Weekend. My 2 boys are sleeping on their air mattress.  And before anyone says anything, they love it and don't want their own beds.  I have asked them over and over.  Maybe in another year, they will.  I will be posting something everyday in here.  This is my first time really doing this so bare with me. Hopefully my triathlon training will motivate others to start. 

   Why did I decide to start Triathlon training at 40? For the past 10 years,  I have watched on NBC, the KONA Ironman special that they show every January. And everytime I say to myself "I am going to do that" but don't.  Except this year was different.  I have gotten a late start so I will be training all year until the 2015 season starts up around March.  Never was a huge runner but have begun to really enjoy it.  I love the bike so always have since seeing the Tour De France in person so many years ago.  Unfortunately plantars fascittis had reared its ugly head,  so insoles purchased,  no running for a week and stretches.  To offset this,  I have added more miles to my bike.  The workout that I am doing I got from beginnertriathlete.com . So they have the bike in minutes and I have added more miles to make up for not being able to run. 

Well this is enough to get a small idea of what I am doing and what I will be blogging about.  Check out my description to find more that will be on here.  Some people and companies that I want to thank that will be mentioned many times.  RunFitMom for giving me the inspiration to do this and write about my training.  To Mio Global, you will find out more and why about this amazing company,  Ironman.com, Prime Nutrition, Rudy Leandri, TriathlonLive.com, IronMoblie and do many others that I will mention everyday.  3:14 am in the morning time to go to bed, training in the am while many people start drinking and grilling.

Last but not least Thank you to all soldiers that are or have protected our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment