Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Gaming day/iRacing/COD/Optic Gaming

So day off from the TRI training gives me time to get some iRacing practice and some Call of Duty Ghost practice in. Yes I am a kid at heart, a nerd or geek or whatever your term for it is but I am proud of who I am. Be yourself don't let other people tell you what you should be cause of your age, job or anything.

IRacing practice this week is in Skip Barber is Mazda Laguna Seca and in the Indy Fixed Series is at Richmond.  Me and my Flying Squirrel Racing Teammate Jon Carrigan have decided to drop the Radical series cause for some reason this season has gone completely non USA time friendly. Which sucks for us. Jon worked hard during the week between Season 1 and Season 2 to come up with the schedule that they are running during season 2. So we did over 30 minutes of practice at Laguna Seca in the Skippy. I just uploaded the video to my YouTube channel ( www.youtube.com/bcutler71352003 ) so check it out. Just started to upload videos to YouTube so I am just learning lol. We are running easily in the top 10 of our division as far as fastest time is concerned. After Skippy practice we jumped over to the Indy Fixed Series Oval at Richmond. We did over 120 laps and we were right where we left off just tenths of a second off the fast times. I haven't run that series in almost a year and I can say I seriously miss it. Now when I upload the video to YouTube, you will see that it is the 2005 Dallara Car and not the 2013 DW12 car. Well they came out with the DW12 for the Indy 500 race last weekend. Unfortunately the site crashed and they had to cancel the iRacing Indy 500 but they will be changing the series next season from the 2005 Dallara to the DW12 so we are definitely looking for that.  If you love racing but can not afford the 10s of thousands of dollars required to real race, please look into iRacing. Great laser scanned not GPS plotted tracks.  Cars from the manufacturer or from the racing teams so all the details, you could want. A computer,  monitor,  preferably a steering wheel/pedal setup and a headset to speak and hear the noise of your engine, tires and competitors.  Speaking of headsets, I have a X12 from Turtle Beach. These are great beginners headsets. Very inexpensive, comfortable and clear sound.  They are stereo headsets and not surround sound. I wonder if going to a set of Turtle Beach SEVEN or the DSS stereo processor would make a difference. Would I be able to go faster if I could tell if the back right tire was slipping instead of just the right tires are slipping?  I think that would be a good review.

Jump on to Call of Duty Ghost practice next. Now I decided to play COD Ghost and Black Ops 2, cause my kids love to play these games. So it gives me just another thing to be able to do with my kids. Now you know me (or you are learning to get to know me lol ) I want to be very good at any game that I decide to play. So I went on YouTube and looked up videos to watch to get better or at least above bad lol. I found 2 that were very good. One was Drift0r and the other was Nadeshot. Well I also had to choose a team to support since I knew my kids supported a team but didn't know which one they supported.  So after watch Nadeshot on YouTube, I decided to pull for his team Optic Gaming. Come to find out it was the exact same team as my kids. So subscribed to Nadeshot channel, joined MLG, downloaded MLG app on phone, follow whole team on social media; H3CZ, Proofy, Scumpii and of course Nadeshot. Now to watch hours or videos, see they compete in Game Battles and Tournaments on MLG. And will of course watch then at the first Main non eSport event 2014 X-Games Austin. Now I know what people are saying a 40 yr old trying to learn videos games better to a competitive level watching kids that he could be their fathers, and you know what I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK. This is how I am. Now if I could just get better lol I have been practicing as much as I can and been creating new swear words lol It would be nice to get pointers from Nadeshot and the team. By watching them I have learned about Scuf Controllers and Elgato video capture cards. A www.scufgaming.com controller is a normal Xbox controller that they have modified with adjustable trigger stops and paddles on the back of the controller to push instead of taking your thumbs off of the sticks to push the X, Y, B, A buttons.  Now I wonder would a SCUF controller make a difference for me someone just learning the eSport competitive level of play like me? That would be a good review as well. So I am now looking at getting an Elgato capture card which I will do a review on that as well. Listen if watching gaming is right up your alley, go follow the guys at Optic Gaming. Hector Rodriguez is the team owner and has really taken eSport teams to a whole nothing level.

Well that is it for me tonight. More iRacing and COD Ghost practice tomorrow, hopefully the pool if weather is good, then of course the gym. I really miss TRI training on my days off. Praying my foot will be better by this coming Monday. Hope you guys who are reading this like it. Please comment or subscribe if you do. Till tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment