Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Starting over is better than not starting at all.

In this world there are many different factors that can hold one back or derail ones goals of achieving something. That has happen to me but things change. You get going on your life path and think that this time will be different than all the other times before. This time you will be able to stick with your plan and you will be achieving your goals that you have set forth in the time frame that you what it accomplish them. Then life looks at you and says "that is cute when he tries. Lets just do this and this and time to start over from scratch." And so I sit here right now scratch day +1. I have decided this is it. I got knocked down and have gotten back up. I am going to do 2 months of dedicated training. If I stick with it then I will join the Y to add the swimming to my training. I feel like if I can stick to the training that I have in place from a mental stand point, then I will stick with the whole thing and compete in Triathlons next year. I understand that injuries or just normal life events could slow down the plan, but from a mental stand point I can let that stop me. I can say "oh well I will just go back next Monday and start from where I left." Cause what happens is Monday comes around and I find an excuse not to go back on Monday. Then Tuesday the same thing and I am the type of person that has to start on a Monday or it just doesn't feel right. I have created that mentalty in my head that "if I don't start on Monday then I can't workout the rest of that week."

So here we are. I will be doing this blog again while I train. Talking about what I am doing, what works, what doesn't, products that I use and supplements that help me thru my training. I will also be shouting out the great support group that I have behind me on a regular basis.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day and reading this. Hope you stay around for the journey that is about to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment