Tuesday, September 9, 2014

When life tells you it is time to change priorities for a while\ I am sorry!

I don't even know where to begin. I feel like I have to say that I am sorry to all my readers, to the companies that I support and that have supported me. To friends, family and social media friends and family for not blogging in awhile however it is when life has to step in and take control. I started a new job the June where we had training from June 2nd to August 23rd. During this time, the training was so redundant that by July I was able to blog almost everyday while here at work. Then training was over and I had a schedule of 5am to 2pm. Now for people who know me I am a night owl. I usually go to sleep around 2am even if I have to get up at 6:00am . So having to get up at 3:45 in order to make it to work by 5am, meant I had to go to bed sometime around 11pm which was so foreign to me. After about a week and half of that schedule and one morning zoning out while driving to work which caused me to drive a mile past my exit to get off the interstate, I said to myself that this schedule just wasn't going to work for me. With this schedule I thought originally that it would be great. I would get off at 2pm be able to go straight to the Y (once I had gotten to a point where I could join) get my swim training in, then later in the day still be able to get my bike and/or swim in. However after that issue of driving past the exit to go to work, I walked into work that day scared and worried that I could fall asleep at the wheel coming to work. Someone was looking down on me cause by the time the boss got to work, first thing he did was ask me if I could switch my hours to 8am to 5pm and I jumped at that opportunity quickly. But in doing a new job or new position within a job, priorities have to change sometimes. When I was working 5am to 2pm, I would get home take what I would hope would be a 30 to 1 hour nap, then get up and enjoy the rest of my day before going to bed around 10 or so. However that little nap would become 3 hours. So it would be like I was getting home at 5:30pm just like before the difference was that I only had about 4 and half to 5 hours to get stuff down instead of 8 to 9 hours when I was going to bed at 2am. So get up around 5:30 get ready for the gym, get to the gym around 7:30 cause of spin class being over so I would have access to the bikes. Get down with workout at 9 then have an hour to eat and go to bed. That left me no energy to do anything else. No blogging, gaming or even just watching more than 1 show on TV. So things that I enjoyed suffered. I took another whole week off from training cause when I would wake up from my "nap" I would still be so tired due to the fact that it technically wasn't a nap but my body trying to sleep. You know when you nap too long how you feel even more tired and exhausted then before you went to sleep. So now after a week off from training then a week on, then I got a sinus cold which I could not breathe at all. Before we I was weightlifting not being able to breathe thru your nose was not that really big of a problem. Breathed thru your mouth, pound the weight up and go. However Triathlon training and not being able to breathe is not the same LOL. So that was another week off from training. So now we are feeling better and tonight is back at it. I am eager to get back at it but there is other things going on in my head that I will talk about in another post (right after this one LOL)

So again to Mio Global, SOS Rehydrate, Align Footwear, Swiftwick Socks, Skratch Labs, Jaybird, Gu Energy, Prime Nutrition and other great companies, I am truly sorry I have been quite on social media and on my blog. I was re-tweeting everything you guys would post but now Twitter for Android doesn't let me know when you tweet something so I have to figure that out in order to get back to the Re-tweeting. I have made it a mission to post something to the blog everyday even if it is short from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment